Monday, June 16, 2008

Update

Hello everyone,

How was Sunday school yesterday? Isn't Dr. Manning a great teacher? I
am thankful that he was available (and willing) to substitute for me.
Next Sunday, Cathy and I will be back, weary perhaps but glad to see
all of you.

Rehearsals for the play have made progress. This morning we will be
able to move into the Spencer Theatre. The set is massive and we will
doubtless spend all day getting everything in place, then setting the
lights and working on the light cues. When we passed out fliers and
posters on Saturday, there were good responses. Walking down the main
drag in Ruidoso, I came across a family from Lubbock; one daughter was
wearing a Coronado Mustangs T-shirt. That's my alma mater.

It has been great to see the student actors grow in their abilities.
This play is a murder mystery and I think that the audience will be on
the edge of their seats, especially towards the end. But there are
lots of laughs in the play also, so we have to be consistent about not
breaking character.

I will write more towards the end of the week. I forgot to bring my
Bible study books with me, so we will see what the lesson is about. If
you have any ideas, send them to me.

david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home