Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Letter forwarded by Ersa Egnew

http://www.flannelboard.blogspot.com/


>Subject: Saturday night in Africa>Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:22:20 -0000>>Saturday night in AfricaSaturday night in Africa>>>>Dear All,>>>>This afternoon, I went to our church to prepare for the evangelism campaign >tonight. I paired with another church member and we went through the >neighborhood, sharing Christ and inviting people to come tonight to see the >JESUS film. While I was walking down a crowded street, a dog came from >nowhere and quickly bit my leg. I was shocked. Very few dogs out here are >vaccinated and the first thing to pop into my mind was "rabies.">>>>No one wanted to help me, to find out anything about the dog, nor to >intervene. So, I had to limp back to the church and drive myself to the >hospital. After a couple of hours, I was able to see a doctor. Since >nothing is known about the dog and as I have pretty nasty bite, I had to >start rabies shots. These shots are expensive and will go on for 30 days. >I will go back and forth to the hospital to get these.>>>>It is night and I am now back home, but my thoughts are also in Lubbock. >Mother has been the hospital for 12 days and her hip/leg was successfully >repaired after a second break. At this hour, she is being transferred by >an ambulance to the Plaza nursing center. She is still very weak and has >pneumonia. Only the Lord knows how many days He has counted out for her. >But we love her dearly and want to see her healed. I am thankful that my >brother and sister are there to help. I wish that I could also be there to >help.>>>>At this hour also, the JESUS film is being shown in front of our church >here in Africa. I am sure that there are hundreds and hundreds of people >watching it. Do pray that when the altar call is given in a few minutes >from now, that many, many will respond.>>>>Thank you for your love and concern for our family. Please continue to >pray for us all, that God will be powerful in these days.>>>>I send you all our Love,>>David for the family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home