Monday, November 14, 2005

Volunteers Needed

You may remember our good intentions of late in regards to building porches, etc? When things fell through we hooked up with members of Evalene McDonald's class who visit some of our church's shut-ins regularly. We asked if anyone needed any special help with their houses.

We have our first project! This Saturday morning we will meet (at 9:00 a.m. - ack!) at Hazel Schwartz' house at 1110 Fresno to rake leaves. Bring your rakes and trash bags! It is a small lot and won't take long. (I know, I know, that's too early in the morning. But look at it this way - you do a good deed and then have the rest of the day to play.)

After that, take pity on David toiling out in the biting wind and blowing dust and go pitch in with Christmas on Columbia. They need people to attach plywood sheets to various and sundry bits of construction. Its not hard - we can do it! (Rumor has it that David will provide a catered dinner, complete with cash give-aways and other door prizes, for anyone who volunteers. He's also providing limo rides too and from the church that day to anyone who wants to work. RSVP to his home phone number any night this week betweent the hours of 12:00 and 2:00 a.m.)

3 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger little david said...

Yeah, thanks for starting the rumor, Rachel. Actually, I thought you were providing the meal as long as I provided the ride. My van will seat six passengers comfortably--and twelve passengers uncomfortably.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger spookyrach said...

No, you've got it all wrong. I think maybe Mindy volunteered to cook breakfast and you were going to provide lunch. I was going to provide napkins. Or something. Yeah...

As for the van - I don't wanna be one of the chosen 12. ha ha!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~rolling my eyes~ Rach always provides napkins. Please tell the caterer that I would like brisket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home